CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 10, 2008

God's reward comes full circle!



Beauty in holiness...What an amazing God we serve!













6 days ago, I wrote an article about "losing" my earrings on the plane here
http://wisdom4dasoul.blogspot.com/2008/02/visitation-from-god.html

well today, I "found" them in the most unusual way, in a manner that only God can fully explain!!
I had just finished reading a short article on the power of the name of Jesus, and I thought maybe I can spend some time in meditation just saying the name of Jesus till I felt joy spring up in my soul (hoping that it'd happen before I ran out of breath :), well thank God I only had to say the precious name of Jesus a few times before I felt that powerful, immense joy. I jumped up excited, and realized that I was going to be late for my church's evening service I wanted to attend. I got my outfit ready and remembered my lost earrings and immediately felt an urge that just maybe they werent lost after all. The way it was placed on my heart, I knew it wasnt my doing, that God was trying to tell me something, so I smiled and proceeded to search for it.

Ok anyone that knows the contents of a woman's bag knows that its always an adventure: I pulled out everything: eye glasses case, makeup bag, notepad, Ipod...nothing. At that point, something told me "keep searching, its in there, put your fingers right in", immediately I did that, and my fingers caught hold of something, pulled it up...my "lost" earring!

I got excited, because there's no way it should have been there, my bag was under the seat infront of me on the plane. I had taken the earrings off, and placed on my lap, and it was only after we landed that I remembered and couldnt find it. Then I stopped, and realized what just happened, God was smiling at me!!

He wanted me to give that which was precious to me for a higher cause. In order for me to have been able to help that elderly woman, I had to have been able to give that up, for God to have been able to use me in the manner in which He did. All the while while I was on the plane searching to no avail, it allowed me to be at the right place, at the right time. It allowed me to be right ahead of the woman when she got out of the restroom. I then wondered just how different everything could have gone if I got mad or irritated about my lost earring. I would have walked out disappointed and angry, my heart out of touch with God, I wouldnt have been attentive, and

God wouldnt have been able to use me!

He wouldnt have been able to use me!

WOW!


Luke 21:18
Not a hair of your head will perish (NLT)
God really does look out for His own, He cares about every need of ours, both big and small., even down to losing a strand of hair.

2 Corinthians 4:17 summarizes it best
For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever! So we don’t look at the troubles we can see now; rather, we fix our gaze on things that cannot be seen. For the things we see now will soon be gone, but the things we cannot see will last forever.

My fellow sisters and brothers in Christ is there something you have lost lately, is there any problem you are going through? I am here to tell you God is real, and He is still talking to His own, and looking out for us all. Sometimes we might have to give up something that is of importance to us, something that holds significant value to us, but rest assured that there lies a greater reason that will unveil itself in due time. Remember God Almighty is the Good Creator, and nothing is impossible for Him.

I am thankful!
Thankful that I've found my earring!
Thankful for that elderly woman!
Thankful for the name of Jesus!
Thankful that I didnt miss out on being used by God!
Thankful that God's glory emanates from me, my heart, my life!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

thank God for ur life...
we have to see God in everything that happens to us...
little things ...give him praise
big things ..give him praise...
enjoy ur week....

adeave said...

Amen! I love the entry.

God's child said...

Amen, thanks, He is around in every single thing, even the mere air we breathe is by his grace.

unconditionaluv said...

Amen! You counted the earrings as lost for a higher purpose. God has rewarded you with his glorious joy. You know, the best part about it is that when God shows us his super natural, miraculous love in ways such as this...it is his poetic attention and care that is the source of joy that far exceeds the material introduction (Or reintroduction in this case) of a visible need.

God's child said...

Yes yes yes! Thats the part that I cant get over! God's intricate details and the manner in which He shows His love!!