CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 4, 2008

A visitation from God




Today while I was returning from a weekend trip out of town, something amazing happened. God is truly awesome, the way He connects events in our lives together, nothing ever happens by chance. I decided to take my earrings off in the plane, and placed them on my lap. Once we landed, I remembered and was slightly disappointed when I realized 1 was missing. I looked all over the floor, and even decided to stay longer on board to search, the earrings though nice werent expensive so after a few mins of searching, I gave up and left the plane, the last person to do so. As I walked out into the airport, I heard a lady say "hey hey hey", and I turn around, and see an elderly woman, as she proceeds to ask me how to get to luggage claim in this huge airport, I couldnt help but notice the Yoruba accent, and realize she was Nigerian. I tried to explain, but then told her to follow me as I was headed there, it was quite far and we had to take the train to get to the other end. She was speaking bits of pidgin English and Yoruba (most of which I didnt understand) and it would have been hard for anyone else to have understood her. I introduced myself as Nigerian, said my name and greeted her with "Ekaro ma", which made her feel at ease, and we chatted as we proceeded through the maze to luggage claim. It turns out that she has lived in the US with her children for a while, and was coming to visit a daughter who lived here. Once we got finally got to luggage claim, I helped her identify her luggage, and carry it, which was quite heavy, and then helped her take it outside where we found her daughter waiting. They both gave me hugs and said "God Bless you", and I smiled and said thanks, and went back inside to find a shuttle to my car. Their gratitude was nice to hear but knowing my reward lies in heaven gives me even greater satisfaction.

God works in mysterious ways, He had a reason for me losing my earring, it was a seed I had to sow to reap the reward which He provided for me in helping the elderly woman. He made me spend time searching for it, so that I could be delayed, and be at the right place at the right time, that gave the woman an opportunity to disembark early, go use the restroom and still meet me, for the woman to identify me as someone who might be able to help, and for me to not brush her off by giving directions that would have only confused her even more. While I was on the plane, I was reading one of my Kenneth Hagin books, and listening to some of my gospel songs, and God's presence felt overwhelming so much so that several times I almost broke down in tears. All of these events happened for a reason, He was the master mind behind it all, one of the songs I was listening to, "Speak to My Heart" by Donnie McClurkin was really moving me, and I kept whispering prayers within for God to just open my heart to hear from Him, and He did. Every day I ask God for supernatural encounters to enable me to bring glory to His name, to give Him a chance to make Him proud and to smile at me. Remember in Genesis 19 when the 2 men/angel came to visit Lot and were sent by God to rescue Him, He could have turned them away, and faced the damnation that faced the rest of Sodom.

Remember when God visited Isaiah in Isaiah 6:8 and asked
"Whom shall I send, and who will go for us?"
and Isaiah responded "Here am I! Send me."

Everyday God is looking for whom to send to do His will in the lives of His children, sometimes we get so concerned about God blessing us directly, that we miss out on the opportunity for Him to use us to bless others! God has anointed us with His seal and through us His fragrance is spread everywhere! (2 Cor 2:14)

I am so thankful
Thankful that I lost my earring
Thankful that God deemed me worthy to share His love
Thankful that my heart was open to Hear His voice
Thankful that His Spirit humbles me
Thankful for His everlasting love!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

THANK GOD for u ....
HE will use u to do great things...
nice blog....

unconditionaluv said...

God works in mysterious ways. This is an example of how what seems like an obstacle to us is for a greater purpose that God reveals in time. Thank God for u.

God's child said...

"HE will use u to do great things..."
Amen!! That gets me excited, thanks and God Bless

@unconditionaluv
you are right, losing the earring pales in comparison to what He had in store for me, for which I am grateful. Remember what He is doing in your life now, God is truly amazing.